Monday, November 24, 2008

a real COWGIRL!









My little Elli loves horses and loves to go on rides with Grandpa Dave! So after a lot of tears and rearranging schedules we finally made it out to Grandpa's house! So, they get them all saddled up and they were on their way as they were walking around the field for the first time they were watching and talking about the cute ducks they saw over in the retention pond, I guess the horses forgot to listen cause they ducks decided to fly away and scare the heck out of the horses! So Grandpa's legs go up and he almost goes off and Elli's horse shyed, she fell off and her horse took off running! Madi is yelling "mom Elli just fell off her horse" So I go running out into the field and she was all muddy and a little shaky and just a few tears, but she did what a real cowgirl would do.....She got right back on the horse. It took a while for the smile to come back upon her face but she rode for over an hour. It is fun to see her and my dad having a great time together and both are thoroughly happy!

11 comments:

Tesha said...

cute little, brave cowgirl! I am petrified (sp?) of horses. I don't even dare to walk next to them. Was she hurt? You should be so proud :)

Fishers said...

Oh, poor little thing. She is brave to get back on. I don't think I've been on a horse since you made me get on one at your house and made me wear tight wranglers!! You also made the horse "gallop" and I wanted to cry and you were laughing hysterically. Way to go Ellie!!

Elisa said...

Tell her that her choir teacher got bucked off a horse once-- in a rodeo-- and then the horse stepped on her foot.

Yeah. It hurt. A lot.

Good for her that she was a real cowgirl and got back on!

McDougal's said...

atta girl Elli. You rock. Next time your aunt Tammy is requiring a helmet young lady and that is an order. Love ya

Andrea said...

Was it Ellie that asked for the horse for Christmas? Does she still want one?

erica said...

You go girl!!

Ashton said...

hey keekee this is ashton. I love your blog. its so adorable!

ceryl said...

Way to Elsi Bell! Doesn't surprise me though! She is just a Diva Cowgirl.

Williams Ski Team said...

Elli is a brave little girl and definitely a cowgirl if she got back on...that can be scary. Good for her! Your girls are darling!

andyandmorganp said...

Kristen it was so good running into- you're so cute and fun to talk too! please keep in touch!

ceryl said...

You've been tagged:)